August 1st, 2021
Taxpayers United of America Celebrates 35th Anniversary Nov. 3
View a PDF version of this News Advisory here.
CHICAGO—Taxpayers United of America (TUA), one of the largest taxpayer organizations in the country and founded in 1976 by Jim Tobin, will hold its 35th anniversary celebration on Thursday, Nov. 3, 2011. The event will be at the University Club of Chicago, 76 E. Monroe St., Chicago, and will start at 6 pm.
Members of the media are invited. (The University Club requires jackets, ties optional, and no denim.)
- Jim Tobin, TUA President & Guest of Honor, “The History of Taxpayers United of America / Government Pension Reform”
- Paul Jacob, President of Citizens in Charge, “More Referendums: Why and How?”
- John Tillman, President of Illinois Policy Institute, “Tea Party vs. Occupy Wall Street / Perpetuating the Great Divide”
- Adrian Moore, Vice President of Reason Foundation, “Privatization: Key to cutting taxes and scaling back government”
- Eric O’Keefe, President of Alliance for Self Governance, “2012 Congressional Elections”
- Christina Tobin, TUA Vice-President and President/Founder of Free & Equal Elections, “Electoral Reform: Fire the Big Government Pawns”
View the full agenda here.
The event is hosted by The Free & Equal Elections Foundation. Sponsors include the Alliance for Self-Governance and Citizens in Charge. Co-sponsors include the Illinois Policy Institute and Reason Foundation. Taxpayers’ Friends include Rep. Randy Hultgren and Rep. Don Manzullo.
View the full list of co-sponsors and supporters here.
In addition to the speakers, the celebration will include music, food, drinks, and Second-City improvisations.